Medicare Member Support
Just because things are opening back up, it doesn’t mean life is back to normal. It’s OK to go at your own pace and do what feels right to you as you ease into new routines. However, if COVID-19 concerns have put your care needs on hold, now’s the time to start prioritizing your health.
Coverage for COVID-19 testing and treatment
Consult with your doctor over the phone so they can determine next best steps if you’re experiencing mild to severe cough or difficulty breathing, or if you have a combination of at least two of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell.
Note: Symptoms with the Delta variant are more typical of a common cold, so many people may ignore their symptoms. If you have “common cold” symptoms like a stuffy or runny nose and sore throat, it’s important to check with your doctor, consider COVID-19 testing, and avoid close contact with others until you are sure that it’s not COVID-19. Those who have breakthrough infection can transmit the virus to others.
The COVID-19 test is $0 for all members. Three vaccines have been approved by the FDA for emergency use during the COVID-19 pandemic and the Pfizer vaccine has received full FDA approval for people 16 and older. These are available at no cost to you. Members are responsible for their normal cost share for all covered services for the treatment of COVID-19.
Helping you get the care you need
Get in touch with your doctor for the care you need, for both routine checkups or health concerns. Now is the time to contact them and make a plan together, centered on your continued care. It’s very important and nothing should stop you from getting the care you need.
- If COVID-19 concerns have put your care needs on hold, now’s the time to start prioritizing your health. This is especially critical if you or a family member have ongoing health conditions or have put off a medical procedure.
- Our Florida Blue doctors and health care providers have continued to provide care during COVID-19 by doing virtual visits with our members. A lot of people have now tried virtual visits for the first time and liked the experience. You can still take advantage of virtual visits (same cost share as a regular office visit). Talk to your doctor about it.
- And for non-emergency health concerns when your doctor isn’t available, you can continue to use Teladoc for 24/7 virtual care via phone, video or mobile app at your normal member cost share.
Call your doctor’s office first before you go to see them, so you know the precautions they’re asking their patients to follow.
- Is your doctor’s office open and do they have limited hours?
- Do you need to call when you get there? Be sure to wear your cloth face mask to your doctor’s visit.
Feeling worried? Help is just a phone call away.
Our Florida Blue Center nurses, community specialists and service specialists are just a phone call away. Our team can still answer questions about COVID-19 or testing site locations, community resources, navigating the health care system, plus connect you to valuable community services and solutions right in your neighborhood to help fill gaps, whether you’re a member or not, with finding food, utility and rent assistance, and many other types of relief programs. Call us if we can help: 1-877-352-5830, TTY 711, or click here to learn more.
If you have questions about COVID-19, have symptoms and need help finding a provider to do a COVID-19 test, or you have any other concerns, please call us at the number on the back of your member ID card so we can help. We also encourage you to talk with one of our local Florida Blue Center nurses at 1-877-352-5832. Additionally, here are several websites you can use to find the latest details:
Additionally, here are several websites you can use to find the latest details:
- Florida Department of Health updates or call their 24/7 COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updates or email them at COVIDemail@example.com
- Travel restrictions
Florida Blue and Florida Blue Medicare are Independent Licensees of the BlueCross and Blue Shield Association. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender. ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-352-2583 (TTY: 1-877-955-8773). ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-800-352-2583 (TTY: 1-800-955-8770).
© 2020 Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., DBA Florida Blue. All rights reserved.
Y0011_35113_C 0520 C: 05/2020
Y0011_35113_C 0520 EGWP C: 05/2020